Between July 28-Aug.3 St. Johns Police responded to more than 53 calls for service, including domestic disturbances, dogs chasing cows, found puppies, and a sick dog. Eight citations were issued during this period.
- July 29 — St. Johns Police investigated a burglary in the area of 24th West and 15th South during which some metal pipe and decking valued at more than $9,000 was reportedly taken off the property.
- July 30 — Police arrested Alyssa F. McReynolds, 22, of St. Johns, charged with alleged burglary, theft and shoplifting after she allegedly stole food items valued at approximately $11 from the Dollar General.
— Police took a report of criminal damage in the area of Ninth South and 24th West. “The wiring on a motorcycle had been damaged,” the responding officer wrote in the report.
- July 31 — Police cited and released Matilda Lynch, 55, of St. Johns, charged with alleged illegal dumping and criminal littering after she allegedly dumped household trash and couches at the Green Waste Dump.
— Police cited and released Kamarie Hancock, 31, of St. Johns, charged with alleged illegal dumping after she allegedly dumped boxes at the Green Waste Dump.
— Police cited and released Michael S. Smith, 72, of St. Johns, charged with alleged illegal dumping and criminal littering after he allegedly dumped construction material and boards at the Green Waste Dump.
- Aug. 1 — Police cited and released David A. Watkins, 29, of St. Johns, charged with dogs at large and no tags.
- Aug. 2 — Police cited and referred to Apache County Probation Department juvenile authorities two boys ages 14 and 15, both charged with shoplifting and curfew violations after they allegedly stole food items valued at approximately $13 from the Circle K convenience store.
— Police cited and released Paul C. Redmond, 40, of St. Johns, charged with alleged driving with a suspended license.
- Aug. 3 — Police took a report of a theft at the St. Johns swimming pool during which police said two phones and an iPod, valued at more than $1,350, were stolen. Mercedes M. Pena, 21, of St Johns, was arrested and charged with alleged theft. “One phone and an iPod were recovered but damaged,” an officer wrote in the report. Pena was booked into the Apache County Jail.